Tuesday, November 20, 2007

LUNG CANCER WALK

I've never fancied myself much a "cause walker" meaning I've never walked for diabetes or the cripple or run some horrible marathon... that's not really my speed. (and you can damn well bet that's not my fathers style either- I do get this from somewhere)

But when I found out that 170,000 people this year will be diagnosed with lung cancer, and of those 160,000 will die... it seemed that Lung Cancer needed my attention.

Well, to be fair- Nikky did. She discovered this Lung Cancer research walk in Manhattan Beach, and before we knew it we were sighed up... At that time, we thought we might push mom along in the wheelchair with us.

Obviously that didn't work out.

But we did have about 20 people with us, and we raised $2165.00 AND we had hats.... so it was a pretty sweet thing!

THen afterwards, Lydia, mom's good friend had us over to her house and she cooked us a breakfast feast extrordinaire... Let me put it this way" Creme Brule French Toast.... Fuckin' A.

Plus, we got to eat off any potentially beneficial effects the walk may have had...Thank God!

It was a really nice day to be with friends, walk for a good cause, and remember mom.

Was great.

Here are some pictures if you are so inclined.

xxx


No comments: