Wednesday, November 14, 2007

MEMORIAL PICTURES AND FINAL MISSIVE

Hello everyone,

Well.

Here stops the Team Carter Newsletter Train.

I want to thank all of you for all your support and love over these past months. I sit now and can't believe the year we've had. Even now in the deafening silence that is mom's loss, I am bewildered how all of this could have happened.

I took this past weekend to go out to New Jersey and visit with mom's sister Lois, her Dad Joe, and her Aunt Tina. Tina taught me her family recipe for fruit cake and the legendary "cuccidati" the all time supreme Italian cookie.

The leaves were so bright and full. Yellow, Red, Orange, Brown, Green. A magnificent spread from Mom's childhood hometown... It was an important trip for me.

I am writing to say this will be my last group newsletter.

I wont be filling your inbox anymore with my monthly updates. I will keep writing, and you are welcome to come and read about us and ours at anytime. As always, we can right here.

So if you need a fix, have a look. But you will have to come to us, as we will no longer be coming to you in a mass mailing form.

I also thought I would give you all the link to the photos we have from both memorials.

Basalt Memorial

LA Memorial

As far as Team Carter goes we will be with the Fosters for Thanksgiving in Basalt. And then we are off to Mexico for Christmas and then back to Basalt for the new year.... so we will keep busy this holiday season, and as far away from all the xmas madness as possible!

I want to thank you all for reading all these months. I may never be able to articulate the real loss I feel. I may spend the rest of my life writing and never really explaining. But I need you all to know, how much it has helped me to know that you were all reading. Both as a friend, a writer and a girl whose mother was dying in front of her- your support has been epic.

As much as I have kept all of you together as a unified front, reading, staying abreast- being apart of this journey- It is I that was kept together by these emails: Catharsis realized.

And so I want to say thank you. For reading, for supporting, and most of all for loving my mother. I remember everyday how magical she was... everyday a little more. And I am consistently in awe of the magic she held, and spread around her- in her life and in you: all of her friends. She held you close for a reason, and after these months I feel I may know why.

Cuz you all are amazing.

And so.

Thank you all for everything.

Much love always,

and, as always we will remain,

Team Carter


No comments: